Terms and Conditions
1. Fee Policies & Procedures
- Full Fees are strictly payable in advance of the first class of course
- Upon initial payment or full payment, terms and conditions are deemed to be accepted and agreed by the student.
- Failure to pay fees may result in the loss of the enrollment position.
- If by prior arrangement a student has attended a first art class and have not made the term fee payment it will be due within 7 days. On the 8th day the unpaid accounts will incur late payment fees of €50.
- Where classes fall on public holidays, make-up classes will be added to the end of term.
2. Refund Policies & Procedures
- SICKNESS or PERSONAL CIRCUMSTANCES: If you miss one or more session during the term due to sickness or holidays, you will still need to pay for the sessions as the space has been held for you. So you will not be entitled to a fee reduction or credit for the missed classes. In some cases of illness or injury where the full term Course has been missed, if agreed with Franchisee it is transferred to next term only upon receiving a Doctors Certificate and notice is provided at least 14 days before the course term begins. Otherwise there will be no refund. We have already incurred non refundable costs for your attendance at the course. It is important that you consider your availability for the course when booking.
- Where a class is postponed due to circumstances beyond our control there will be no refund offered – The classes will continue at a suitable date depending on the situation of the time.
- MAKE UP SESSIONS: Due to the nature of the programme there are no make-up classes or credits. If you advise us at least 7 days in advance of a course class being missed and if a spot is available in another class and agreed by the same Franchisee, we may be able to offer an optional make up session. The request may only be fulfilled one time during the course. Please arrange this by contacting the Head Tutor/Franchise owner of your location. This may not always be possible if all our classes are full, but we do try our best as a goodwill gesture.
- For any requests we will respond to your request promptly. Should you not hear from us within 48 hours – please check your spam. If still no response please do give us a call to confirm, as nothing can guarantee 100% email deliverability. For any cancellations, you must receive a written confirmation from us that we have received your request for the cancellation to proceed.
3. Class Uniform
- Students can wear what they like to class but advisable to wear aprons for acrylics module. We are not responsible for any damage to student’s clothing.
4. Health, Safety, Injury & Medical Conditions
- Class Art – Seasons Art Class is not liable for personal injury sustained or any lost, damaged or forgotten personal property, whilst on the premises. Class Art – Seasons Art Class will aim to provide a safe learning environment to reduce the risk of injury. It is known that generally, art classes carry very low risks of injury.
- Our Art Class provides qualified art tutors, who actively promote safe art practice.
- It is the student’s responsibility to notify their Tutor/host in the event of illness/injury/medical condition prior to class.
- It is the student’s responsibility to notify their Tutor/Host if the student has any special medical conditions that can affect their health in class
- If a student contracts covid, they won’t be able to attend classes while they they are positive. A negative test will be required before return to class. Student may have access to any recorded demos of relevant class.
5. Safety and Security Policies & Procedures
- While we endeavor to provide a safe environment, Tutors/Hosts cannot be responsible for students outside their allocated class time or outside the classroom..
6. Class Policies
- Students must be punctual to classes to ensure they receive all the pre-drawing instructions from the tutor.
- Regular class attendance is vital for students to develop
- Class sizes: A minimum of 15 students is required to run a class.
- Class Art – Seasons Art Class maintains the right to dismiss any student who acts inappropriately in the classroom: creates a Health & Safety risk for self or others in the classroom, damages property, causes repeat disruptions to any classes,. Any dismissal and resulting booking cancellation will not be eligible for any refunds nor credit for their booking.
7. Class Art - WhatsApp
Whatsapp will be used as the standard method of communications to students. In order to ensure safe usage of this , the following rules apply. Any communications added that are deemed not adhering to the below rules , will be removed.
- Be kind to others.
- No messages to be added between the hours of 9pm to 8am.
- No advertising whatsoever.
- Any posting/images are to be related to class only and are brief.
- If you have specific question which is not of interest to other students, then send a seperate message to Class Art. eg payments
8. Photography in the Classroom
- Photography of students in class is permitted only to the Class Art – Seasons Art Class. Some photographs get published on Class Art – Seasons Art Class social media and can be used in our email updates and Marketing.
- All individuals participating in Class Art – Seasons Art Class and other activities, give the rights to Class Art – Seasons Art Class to use the photographs for media updates and other marketing purposes.
- Photography in the Classroom is permitted only to the Class Art – Seasons Art Class. Photography of Teaching Materials and Method are prohibited as all Copyrights for those belong to Class Art – Seasons Art Class.
- 9.1. Formal complaints should be made in writing to email@example.com. The appointed person will contact the correspondent to verbally discuss the issue(s) and will also write a letter of reply making every effort to find a resolution.
10. Student conduct
All students enrolled in any course at Class Art – Seasons Art Class are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner. Any student deemed to not be adhering to the code of conduct may result in the course participant being asked to leave the premises with the possibility of waiving their rights to continue the course. We ask students to:
- Be considerate of others at the course, includes Tutors, host and students
- To follow teaching instructions from teaching Tutor
- To not advertise other art classes to fellow students
- Not to engage in behaviour that might be deemed intimidating, confrontational, or harassing of other course participants and staff, including sexual or verbal harassment or physical violence
- Not be in possession of, or use, illegal drugs or substances at the course premises
Class Art – Seasons Art Class will make every effort to ensure that all courses proceed as advertised on the website or through related publicity material. However, all courses are subject to minimum enrolment numbers and we reserve the right to cancel any course where minimum numbers are not reached. We also reserve the right to make minor modifications to any course content as we see necessary, without prior warning and without compromising the overall quality of the course content, structure and delivery.
For all courses no refunds will be given within 7 days of commencement date. If you cancel a course more than 7 days before course commencement date, you will be entitled to a refund. Bookings can only be processed for the current course and fees cannot be transferred to future terms unless agreed by the Franchisee. All cancellations/transfers will incur a €60 admin fee per student booking. This is to cover any costs incurred including any third party fees which are not refundable to our business.